Here are the best biking trails around Bloomsburg, PA for any level, from beginner to experienced mountain biker. The weather is perfect now to plan your trip, with plenty of sun and daylight. Grab your bike and helmet, make your reservation at the Inn at Turkey Hill, and get ready for some fun.
After an amazing night’s sleep in your spacious room at the Inn at Turkey Hill, enjoy our complimentary continental breakfast and fill up your water bottles. Check with us if you need some final directions, we are happy to help!
Here is a guide put together by the Columbia-Montour Visitors Bureau with 14 different routes, each with both a map and individual turn by turn directions. You can choose an easy, family-friendly ride or go for a “century” (100 mile ride) and everything in between. If covered bridges are your passion, there is a ride for that, as well as an Amish Buggy tour.
If these rides aren’t enough, here are some additional suggestions for some fun spots to bike, along with some mountain biking options:
Trails for an Easier Ride
- Bloomsburg Rail-Trail – a short trail, some paved and some gravel created along the former rail bed on the east side of town
- Weiser State Forest – this is a longer trail, suitable for mountain or e-bikes, with a relatively level ride
- Robbins Trail at Hess Recreation Area – a nice loop with some great scenery
Trails for a More Challenging Ride
- Susquehanna Riverlands Warrior Trail – a 12.5 mile trail that travels through both green meadows and along a small lake, with a surface of crushed gravel
- Columbia County Trail – this trail connects to one of the many covered bridges in the area, the Rupert Bridge
- State Gameland #58 – this area has two mountain biking trails, with minor climbs
- State Gameland #226-there are two mountain biking trails in this heavily forested preserve
- State Gameland #329 – there are 9 miles of mountain biking trails, some of which connect to the the Warrior Trail above
Trails for the True Biking Enthusiast
- Hopewell Park – Danville Borough Farm Trail – this is an area of trails built by mountain biking enthusiasts for mountain biking enthusiasts. There are some challenging courses, as well as some easier rides.
- Geisinger Stewardship Trails – this is a group of linked trails (including one named the Widowmaker Climb). Ride at your own risk, but have fun!
As you can see, the choices for riding in the area are quite varied. We also have several bike shops in town, if you are looking for some minor repairs or upgrades. We are happy to help you plan your stops, with some hints at places for snacks or libations. And we will be waiting for you when you are done, with some great brews and food at the Brewhouse!