November is arriving, and with it the beginning of our great holiday shopping season in the Bloomsburg area of Northeastern Pennsylvania. Specialty stores, art galleries, farm markets, and Christmas Tree Farms all are ready to welcome visitors with special events. Guests at The Inn, Farmhouse, and Brewing Co. at Turkey Hill will find a great selection of gift choices in Bloomsburg, plus the nearby communities of Orangeville, Catawissa, Danville, Lewisburg, and Milton, PA. Here’s what’s happening before Thanksgiving:
Lewisburg, PA will host its 19th Annual Stroll Through the Arts Friday, November 2, 2018, from 6 pm to midnight. Over 30 artists from the central Susquehanna Valley will display their work in studios, galleries and shops along Market Street. Look for all kinds of artwork, from photography to paintings and ceramic art to jewelry. Visitors will be treated to four live bands performing throughout the evening. Those who visit a number of businesses will be entered in a drawing for gift certificates.
The Shops at Forever Green can’t wait to “Kick Off to the Holidays” with their Home for the Holidays Event on Saturday, November 3, 2018. The Shops offer a great variety of items for everyday as well as the holiday season. You’ll find gifts, décor, wine and more. You’ll enjoy the cozy atmosphere at 487 Rustics when it’s cold outside. Pickering Winery will be offering tastings of its distinctive wines, great for enjoying by a warm fire this winter. Joe’s Smokehouse will tempt your appetite, and Russ and Tony will feature seasonal baked goods. To add a personal touch, Lightstreet Custom Laser Engraving can even engrave your gifts.
Hours: Shops open 10 am – 5 pm, Pickering Winery open 11 am – 6 pm.
Location: 1549 Route 487, Orangeville, PA
The Christmas Shoppe at Kohl’s Stony Creek Tree Farm will host three special events during November. You can tag your favorite Christmas tree to bring home later in the season, too!
- Their Ugly Ornament Sale is November 5 – 14, 2018. Out of over 100,000 ornaments in the store, their staff has chosen at least 60 as the Ugliest Ornaments. When anyone purchases one of these Ugly ones, they will get 30% off their entire purchase (excluding Crafter Items).
- Even more outstanding, after 14 years of collecting and 3 tries at the record, Kohl’s finally holds the Guinness World Record for the Largest Collection of Tree Stands (1199)! The World Record Party to celebrate will be November 17, 2018. Santa will stop by for pictures (11 am – 6 pm), and two live reindeer will visit from Spruce Run Reindeer Farm (4 – 8 pm). Visitors will enjoy free hayrides, cake, popcorn, and balloons, plus a 10% discount on all non-consigned items from the Christmas Shoppe (including 80,000+ ornaments).
- Kohl’s will host their annual Open House on Thanksgiving weekend, November 23-25, 2018.
Christmas Shoppe Days and Hours: Mondays – Saturdays from 8:00 am – 8:00 pm; Sundays from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm. November 5 – December 23, 2018
Location: 3319 Mexico Road, Milton, PA Phone: 570-437-3442
Rohrbach’s Farm Market, Bakery & Gift Shop has special shopping events and holiday crafts planned throughout the holiday season. Please visit their website for more detailed information and additional events. In November, visitors can look forward to:
- Pajama Collection Week from November 5-10, 2018, invites customers to donate New Kids PJs (any children’s size) for a child in need. As a thank you, they will receive a 40% discount coupon for one gift shop item. No limit to the number of PJs donated!
- Catch the Holiday Spirit Event on Saturday, November 10, 2018. Rohrbach’s will get into the spirit of the season with door prizes, holiday shopping specials, and samples of seasonal treats. Grilled Cheese Café food truck will sell gourmet sandwiches.
A Felted Wool Christmas Tree Craft Class will be offered from 9:00 am – 12:30 pm. This is a 24”tree made from felted wool for displaying miniature ornaments. (Cost $40, pre-registration required.)
Kids can make two ornaments: One for Rohrbach’s Treefest tree, “It’s a Marshmallow World in December!” and plus one to take home. (10:00 am – 1:00 pm, Free)
- Small Business Saturday will be celebrated on November 25, 2018.
November Days and Hours: Monday – Friday from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm, Saturdays from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Closed Thanksgiving Day.
Location: 240 Southern Drive, Catawissa, PA Phone: 570-356-7654
At The Exchange Gallery, the Holiday Show: Cash and Carry V opens Monday, November 12, 2018. Area artists have used all kinds of media from photographic collages to sculptures and textile art to create hundreds of unique works on three sizes of wood panels. These creations are sold for only $10, $25, and $50 at the Show. The Exchange Gallery will host a joint reception with Artspace Gallery on Saturday, November 24th, 2018, from 6:00 – 8:00 pm.
Days and Hours: Mondays and Fridays from 10 am – 6 pm, from November 12, 2018 – January 4, 2019.
Location: The Exchange, 24 East Main Street, Bloomsburg, PA Phone: 570-317-2596
Artspace Gallery opens its Holiday Show on November 15, 2018. All artists from Artspace exhibit original, one-of-a-kind pieces. The joint gallery reception will be November 24, 2018, from 6:00 – 8:00 pm.
Days and Hours: Thursdays – Sundays from 12:00 – 8:00 pm, from November 15, 2018 – January 6, 2019.
Location: Artspace Gallery, 221 Center Street Bloomsburg , PA
Danville, PA, will hold its Annual Holiday Open House on November 17, 2018, from 5:00 – 9:00 pm, and November 18 from 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Running Springs Farm will offer free carriage rides on Saturday evening.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Inn, Farmhouse, and Brewing Co. at Turkey Hill for some shopping or just relaxing during our event-filled holiday season. Make plans for a November getaway to Bloomsburg – there’s no better way to catch the holiday spirit. Reserving your stay is just a click away.
Photo by rawpixel on UnSplash