The Exchange Gallery brings its 12th Annual ArtFest to Bloomsburg, PA, on Saturday, August 24, 2019, from 10 am until 5 pm. Enjoy this Pennsylvania summer art festival featuring more than 50 artists, artisans, and community organizations exhibiting on the Bloomsburg Town Square and along Market Street. There’ll be live music, food trucks, and children’s activities, too. It’s Columbia County’s biggest one-day outdoor art event of the year!
- Many artists from throughout the region will be exhibiting photography and photo images on stretched canvas, as well as drawings, prints, mixed media, and paintings in acrylic, oils, and gouache.
- Seven different jewelers will display jewelry featuring gemstones, sterling silver, beads, clay, charms, and even antique and vintage buttons.
- Other exhibitors include yarn and fabric artists, sculptors, potters, jewelers, sculptors, glass artists, and woodworkers.
- Some of the more unique exhibitors’ products include bonsai and carnivorous plants, powder horns, children’s books, and Confectionery Imaging’s alcohol-infused cupcakes.
- Other artisans specialize in upcycling goods, repurposing benches to beds, and creating aromatherapy and skin care products.
There will be a Container Garden Contest sponsored by the Fishing Creek Watershed Association as well as a variety of activities for families. Look for The Exchange’s Art Cart, offering art activities using simple materials (many of them recycled) to inspire everyone’s creativity. Both the Bloomsburg Public Library and Agora Cyber Charter School will be offering activities for children.
Please visit The Exchange website for the complete list and locations of the ArtFest exhibitors.
Visitors to ArtFest will never go hungry. You can choose a variety of foods from Mike’s Food Truck, featuring fresh, locally sourced, healthy food options, Real Taste Food Truck’s tacos, burritos, and quesadillas, Heier’s Northeastern Eatin’, and Danville’s Dubelicious Grille.
ArtFest musical performances are scheduled throughout the day:
- 10:00 am & 12:00 pm Raven Creek (bluegrass)
- 11:00 am Nick McGraw
- 1:00 pm & 3:00 pm Stacia Abernatha and Sean Farley
- 2:00 pm & 4:00 pm Kerry Kenny
This Pennsylvania art festival draws visitors from throughout our region, so don’t wait to make the reservation for your summer weekend getaway at The Inn, Farmhouse, and Brewing Co. at Turkey Hill. Weekends here are full of fun, including Turkey Hill Brewing Company’s Saturday Pub Hangs with a different local food truck each week, live music at the Pub & Grille on Sundays, and Farmer Moofy’s Produce Stand full of summer’s bounty.
The Exchange Gallery’s ArtFest
Day & Time: Saturday, August 24, 2019, from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: Bloomsburg Town Square, from the fountain up Market Street to Ridge Avenue and continuing up towards First Street, Bloomsburg, PA
ArtFest receives support from the Columbia-Montour Visitors Bureau, Downtown Bloomsburg, Inc., the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, and the National Endowment for the Arts.