February is an ideal time for outdoor adventures in Northeastern Pennsylvania. When you book your Pennsylvania Vacation package at The Inn at Turkey Hill, you can spend your days in the great outdoors knowing there will be a warm welcome and a cozy room waiting for you at the Inn!
And, for those who get their “kick” from indoor adventures, a plethora of warm and toasty options await!
- Snowshoeing? Ice Hiking? Rock Climbing? Yes you can do all of that and more! Valley To Summit offers a variety of outdoor guided adventures that will have you totally immersed in a hands-on wilderness experience, striking a balance between recreational and educational.
- Ice Fishing is also popular in Northeastern Pennsylvania, and Lake Chillisquaque at Montour Preserve is a great spot to engage in this activity. You can learn everything you could possibly want to know about ice fishing from the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission.
- Maple Sugaring Montour Preserve also hosts a Maple Sugaring Open House event. 2020 events are scheduled for Saturday, February 29, 9:30 AM-1:30 PM and Saturday, March 14, 12:30-4:00 PM. The February 29th program will include a pancake breakfast from 9am – 11am, and outdoor demonstrations at the Sugar Shack and Sugar Bush from 9:30am – 1:30pm. Ticket prices are $12 for adults, $6 for children ages 3 – 12 and free for children under age 3. Tickets must be purchased in advance; tickets will not be available at the door.
- Live Music at Turkey Hill Brewing – When you stay at The Inn at Turkey Hill, you won’t have to go far in search of great indoor activities-of course we have our own brewpub and restaurant! Turkey Hill Brewing emanated from a circa 1839 bank barn on the property of The Inn at Turkey Hill. We renovated the barn and turned it into a casual dining restaurant and brew pub serving guests at the inn as well as the local community. Live music happens on Thursdays and Sundays, and occasionally on Saturday, featuring local, regional and national artists. Our Rooms, Brews and Tunes package is the ideal way to enjoy music and our brewery!
- Art In Bars – Samek Art Museum at Bucknell University and The Isle of Que Brewing Company combine to present Art in Bars, Tuesday, Feb. 11, 7 p.m. at Isle of Que Brewing Company, 6 University Ave., Selinsgrove, PA. Samick Museum provides the art and Isle of Que serves the beer. A fun and interesting way to learn about art and beer simultaneously! Tickets are $10 at the door and covers the beer tasting.
- The Theatrical World of Everybody – If you’re a theater buff, you will thoroughly enjoy this “behind the scenes” look at theatrical design from the Bloomsburg University Players production of Everybody by Branden Jacobs-Jenkins, directed by David A. Miller. Experience the production designs of costume designer Chris Thorne, lighting design of Fred Uebele, properties design by Ethan Krupp and scenic design by David A. Miller. The exhibit runs through March 20 at the Danville Business Alliance, 620 Mill Street, Danville. The gallery is open Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm. The best part? It’s FREE!
- Lodging – Just two hours from Philadelphia and New York City, The Inn, Farmhouse & Brewing Co. at Turkey Hill offers lodging specials and weekend getaways to enhance your trip with relaxation and comfort. We have taken care of all the details so that you can just relax and enjoy your vacation, complete with our complimentary Continental breakfast each day.
Don’t delay! Call (570) 387-1500 for reservations or book online.