We are safe and well here at The Inn at Turkey Hill, and we hope you and your family are also. While staying safe at home, we know that many of you have taken up baking, so we’d like to share one of our favorite recipes with you, one that’s very popular with our guests – Best French Toast Muffins with Maple Syrup.
Also, during this time of national concern, we wanted to let you know what we are doing here at The Inn at Turkey Hill to support our essential travelers. As the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we are doing everything we can to ensure your health and safety and provide maximum flexibility. Our hotel is currently open, and we are honoring all existing reservations. It is our intent to remain open to essential travelers unless directed otherwise by local, state, or federal authorities. However, The Farmhouse restaurant and Turkey Hill Brewing Co. are closed at this time. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene, and we are doing our utmost to make your stay safe and healthy.
French Toast Muffins with Maple Syrup
Our French Toast Muffins feature a cream cheese surprise hidden in the center, topped with a drizzle of maple syrup or vanilla glaze. Serve this sweet breakfast treat as part of a spring holiday breakfast for family or as a dish for a brunch for guests. On busy days, you can prepare the muffin mixture the day before and refrigerate overnight before baking in the morning.
(Makes 12 french toast cups or 6 servings)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 7 cups cubed bread (cut in ½ inch cubes)
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- Maple syrup or your favorite vanilla glaze (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a muffin tin (for 12 muffins) with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla extract. Add the cubed bread to the bowl and fold until combined and the bread has absorbed all of the liquid.
- Divide the bread mixture among the muffin tin cups. Fill bottom of cups with half the bread mixture, add cream cheese to cups. Fill the cups with the remaining bread mixture to cover the cream cheese, pressing mixture lightly into each cup to compact it.
- Bake the French Toast Muffins for 25 to 30 minutes until they are slightly crisped on top and cooked throughout. Allow the cups to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin, then scoop each one out and serve topped with the maple syrup or vanilla glaze.
Click here if you’d like more of our favorite recipes. When life returns to normal, The Inn, Farmhouse, and Brewing Co. at Turkey Hill and the greater Bloomsburg, PA area await you. Your well-being is, as it has always been, our highest priority. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Call us at 570-387-1500.