The lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer are waning, and people are already thinking ahead to September and beyond. Yes, Labor Day is upon us-but it’s not too late to check out these 5 Labor Day happenings near Bloomsburg during your stay at The Inn at Turkey Hill.
- Playing With Fire & Water:Thurs-Sat. Sept. 3-5, 12-8 at Artspace Gallery, 221 Center St, Bloomsburg. Artspace is the one of the region’s oldest established fine art and craft galleries. Every 6 to 8 weeks the gallery features a new exhibit by a member(s) or regional guest artists or arts organizations. Playing With Fire & Water exhibition features the work of Melanie Pacoli Eck & Jeff Krankoskie. Free admission.
- Geology Talk & Walk: Sat. Sept. 5, 9-12 At Ricketts Glen State Park. Get out your sturdy hiking boots! Simeon Suter, Geologist for the Pennsylvania Geological Survey will give a presentation on the “Geology of Waterfalls” at the Ricketts Glen Visitor Center. Attendees will then embark on a geologic tour with some hiking and driving! Masks are required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 570-477-7780. Park and meet at the Visitor Center in Ricketts Glen State Park.
- End of Summer Bash: Sat. Sept. 5, 10-5 at Ol’ Country Barn in Benton. Come celebrate the unofficial last weekend of summer with us. There will be food and fun activities. Vendors: Loveable Leads, LLC Usborne Books & More Essential Healthy Oils Tupperware LuLaRoe with Susan Rood
- Yoga On The Beach:Sun. Sept. 6, 9-10 Lake Jean Beach in Ricketts Glen State Park. Enjoy a morning yoga session on Lake Jean Beach. No experience required and bring your own mat or towel. You must bring a mask to attend this program! Registration required by emailing Rhiannon Summers at email@example.com or calling 570-477-7780.
- Montgomery & Boyd House Museums: Sun. Sept. 6, 2-4. Danville. The Montgomery House is a federal style stone house built by William Montgomery of Chester County in the late 18th century, standing on the corner of Bloom and North Mill Streets in Danville. The Boyd House was built in the early 1880s by Daniel Montgomery Boyd, grandson of Daniel Montgomery and great grandson of William Montgomery, founder of Danville. Admission is $5 a person. Members of the MCHS and Children under 18 are free.
*In observance of the Labor Day holiday, both of our restaurants will be closed for evening dining Monday Sept. 7.
Our Turkey Hill complex gives you the best of all worlds: great “socially-distanced” vacation/staycation lodging with the comforts of a B&B, fine and informal dining options, on-site Brew Pub/Brewery plus the amenities of a hotel. We also provide all inn guests our complimentary hot breakfast every day, which you can enjoy as a dine-in inside or outside, or as a take-away to be enjoyed within your room. Fall foliage in the area around Bloomsburg usually peaks by mid-October-and don’t forget-the entire month of October is Pennsylvania Wine Month-so you will have plenty of reasons to come visit us in October! Call (570) 387-1500 to reserve your room, or book online today. And please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.