When you stay at the Inn Turkey Hill, you have two great choices for dining. There is the Turkey Hill Brewing Company, with more than a dozen choices of draft craft beer and ale, along with weekly live music and tasty casual food. There is also The Farmhouse at Turkey Hill with more intimate fine dining. What better way to top off a day touring the countryside than a great meal AND the ability to just walk to your room and relax after you have finished dining. The Farmhouse Restaurant in Bloomsburg, PA is a must-try!
Where the Turkey Hill Brewing Company is located in a renovated barn, the Farmhouse at Turkey Hill is a part of the main house of the Inn at Turkey Farm. As a guest, you may also order off the menu of the Farmhouse during normal open hours and enjoy your meal in the privacy of your room. Takeout is also available for curbside pickup.
The Farmhouse was established in 1984, and serves seasonal American fare and classic cocktails. What does this mean?
You will enjoy items like:
- Locally made Sauerkraut and Mushroom Pierogi, sauteed with caramelized sweet onion and garlic
- Shrimp and wild mushroom risotto (jumbo shrimp sauteed with wild mushrooms and garlic blended with creamy arborio rice and asiago cheese, garnished with fresh basil chiffonade
- Peri Peri Cauliflower Wings (spicy breaded cauliflower florets fried in rice bran oil, tossed in South African Peri Peri seasoning and served with a ranch dipping sauce).
There are three different kinds of salad, including the Spring Wedge Salad (crisp iceberg lettuce wedge topped with creamy Gorgonzola cheese dressing and pickled red onions, cider cured bacon, sliced strawberries and pistachios)
If your mouth isn’t watering now, it surely will be when you hear about the entrees:
- Limoncello Chicken (whole boneless breast sauteed with artichoke hearts, garlic, grape tomato and baby spinach, finished with a limoncello cream sauce over jasmine rice with grilled asparagus)
- Farmhouse Filet Mignon (8 oz center cut filet, marinated in a rich beef broth, seared to order in a cast iron pan, and served with sauteed wild mushroom, caramelized onion, and topped with herbed-black truffle butter, mashed roasted garlic red skinned potatoes and sauteed green beans
- Langoustine and Shrimp Pappardelle (jumbo shrimp and langoustine sauteed with artichoke hearts, roasted roma tomato and spinach, tossed with basil pesto, pappardelle pasta, white wine and stock, topped with crumbled feta cheese
The menu is clearly marked with options for vegetarians, vegans and gluten free. Reviews confirm that the chef is very willing to accommodate special dietary requests. Freshly made desserts are offered on a rotating basis and include such items as Peanut Butter Cream Pie and Tiramisu Cheesecake.
There are four intimate dining areas including an outside patio, the Greenhouse (for smaller tables only), the Stencil Room (for parties of 12 or less) and the Mural Room (for parties greater than 12). Special events can be booked in advance. The Greenhouse and the patio have views of the duck pond and gardens.