Come visit us at The Inn, Farmhouse, and Brewing Co. at Turkey Hill in Bloomsburg, PA, where you’ll find 9 great Christmas things to do this December. Holiday events sparkle, from TreeFest in Bloomsburg to Berwick’s magical Christmas Boulevard and Yule log bonfires in Danville. You can shop for unique gifts at the Christmas in Bloom Holiday Craft and Gift Show, Artspace Gallery’s Holiday Show, and The Exchange Gallery’s “Cash & Carry VI” with its many affordable art works. Treat your inner child (or children) to fun at the Milton Model Train Museum, a hayride with Santa at Christmas on the Bridges, and a visit to one of four nearby Christmas tree farms.
See the Christmas festival of trees at TreeFest in Bloomsburg on December 6-8, 2019. Local Christmas tree farms donate over 100 trees that community volunteers and local organizations such as youth groups, florists, and garden clubs transform into a spectacular holiday forest of lights and ornaments. There’s live musical entertainment throughout the festival, and displays of professional artisan crafts for sale. After TreeFest, the decorated trees are donated to area families in need. Adult admission is $6.00, children 12 and under free. Proceeds support the Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble. For more information, visit TreeFest website.
Location: Caldwell Consistory, Bloomsburg, PADates & Times: Friday, December 6, 2019 from 4:00 pm – 8:00 pmSaturday, December 7, 2019, from 10:00 am – 6:00 pmSunday, December 8, 2019, from noon – 4:00 pm
- Yule log bonfire in Danville on December 7, 2019 during the Hometown Holiday Celebration. You can wander along beautifully decorated storefronts downtown, then go to Canal Park to watch the blazing yule log and tree lighting ceremony at 5:30 pm, followed by caroling from 6:00 – 8:00 pm.
4th Annual Christmas in Bloom Holiday Craft and Gift Show in Bloomsburg on December 7-8, 2019. In addition to unique shopping opportunities, Christmas in Bloom offers “sipping and sampling, live reindeer, Mr. and Mrs. Claus…and more!” Admission is 5.00 for adults, children under 18 free. Proceeds benefit the Columbia County Toys for Tots program.
Location: Bloomsburg Fairgrounds, Bloomsburg, PADates & Times: Saturday December 7, 2019, from 9:00 am – 6:00 pmSunday December 8, 2019, from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- At Christmas on the Bridges in Orangeville, you can celebrate the holiday season the old-fashioned way at the historic Twin Covered Bridges on Sunday, December 8, 2019. Enjoy free hayrides with Santa from 1 – 3 pm, local wine and beer tastings from 1 – 4 pm, and a serving of the famous ham and bean soup cooked in large cauldrons right at the bridges. The event is sponsored by the Columbia County Covered Bridge Association.
Location: East and West Paden Covered Bridges, Orangeville, PA
- The Berwick Christmas Boulevard is “a must-see spectacle that visitors flock to see from hours away”. Market Street in Berwick sparkles with holiday lights and decorations from December 7 – 31, 2019. The 73rd Christmas Boulevard opens Saturday, December 7 with a tree-lighting ceremony, and continues nightly throughout December. Make plans to join the parade of cars moving through the mile-long extravaganza of sparkling Christmas lights, animatronics, and decorations in Berwick, PA, just 10 miles east of Bloomsburg.
Location: Market Street, Berwick, PA
Dates & Times: December 7 – 31, 2019, from 6:00 – 10:00 pm
- Two Bloomsburg art galleries feature special holiday shows through New Year’s. Both galleries feature original, one-of-a-kind pieces by local artists. Artspace Gallery’s Holiday Show continues until January 5, 2020. “Cash & Carry VI” at The Exchange Gallery continues until January 3, 2020. For gallery hours, and more information, please visit the Artspace Gallery and Exchange Gallery websites.
- Children of all ages enjoy the Milton Model Train Museum’s Christmas Season Open House. This museum’s display is one of the largest O-Gauge model train layouts in Pennsylvania. It features over 950 feet of track, 72 switches, and 25 interactive buttons that animate scale figures and scenery. You can walk around the display to see all the intricate miniature buildings, plus games of baseball, football, and even a circus. Admission is free.
Location: 139 South Front Street, Milton, PA
Dates & Times: Saturdays and Sundays from 1:00 – 5:00 pm through December 29, 2019.
- Your weekend getaway won’t be complete without visiting a local Christmas tree farm for a fresh holiday tree or wreath to take home. You’ll find 4 different tree farms within a half hour’s drive from the Inn. Treat yourselves to hot chocolate and Christmas cookies, too! One tree farm has a Christmas Shoppe with over 100,000 ornaments, too!
The small-town Christmas events you’ll find around Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, are full of fun, music, food, and holiday cheer! This holiday spirit continues on your return to the warmth of a blazing fire and delicious dinner at the Inn. It’s the perfect way to end each day of your stay! It’s time to plan your December getaway and reserve your accommodations at the Inn. Christmas is coming!