October is Pennsylvania Wine Month, so join us at The Inn, Farmhouse, and Brewing Co. at Turkey Hill in Bloomsburg for Columbia & Montour counties’s PA fall wine event, the Wine & Whoopie Pie Trail. This year, you can take this October Wine Trail with stops at seven wineries, all within 30 miles of the Inn. Our guests can complete the Wine & Whoopie Pie Trail in a single day from our central location in Bloomsburg, PA.
Of course, you don’t have to visit all the wineries on the same day! Why not plan to extend your weekend getaway and enjoy all the other things to do near Bloomsburg this October, from corn mazes and pumpkin patches to hayrides and fall festivals?
When you visit the seven wineries on the Wine Trail, you can enjoy some of Pennsylvania’s best dry, semi-sweet and sweet wines, plus our region’s many fruit wines. Just imagine the tasty pairings for each winery’s special whoopie pie treat. Everyone completing the Trail will be entered to win one of the prize baskets created by individual wineries, plus the Grand Prize basket with gifts from all! For more details about the Wine & Whoopie Pie Trail and how to participate, please see the downloadable brochure.
- To complete the Wine & Whoopie Pie Trail in a single day from Bloomsburg, you can take Route 11 to two wineries in Danville, PA: Red Shale Ridge Vineyards and Shade Mountain Winery. Both are family owned and operated wineries that offer a wide selection of red, white, blush, and fruit wines, many made from locally grown grapes and fruits.
- Then head back northeast to reach the Purple Cow Winery’s eclectic tasting room on Welliversville Road in Bloomsburg. Their outdoor space a great place to enjoy a picnic and the views during Pennsylvania’s foliage season.
- From the Purple Cow Winery, head toward Orangeville and then north on Route 487 to Benton, PA, where you’ll find two more stops on the Wine Trail. Sample unique barrel-aged ciders at family-operated Colonel Ricketts Hard Cider Winery, and be tempted by the great variety of white, blush, red, and fruit wines offered at Elk Mountain Winery at Winding Creek.
- Start your return trip toward Bloomsburg with a detour to the Freas Farm Winery in Berwick, PA. There you’ll find indoor & outdoor seating, plus live music and fire pits to enjoy while you sample their award-winning wines.
- Celebrate completing the trail (or beginning it) at Three Dogs Vino here in Bloomsburg, where their tasting room overlooks the lake. They offer a variety of wines to suit every palate, including wines on tap.
Fall Foliage in the area around Bloomsburg usually peaks by mid-October, so if you haven’t yet booked your October stay with us at the Inn don’t delay! Just give us a call at (570) 387-1500, or go online to reserve your stay. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Wine & Whoopie Pie Trail in Columbia and Montour Counties
Dates: October 5-14, 2018
Times: Wineries will be open during usual business hours; many are open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday only. Please see each winery’s website for more information about days and hours for the tasting room.
Fees: Please note some wineries have tasting fees; others do not. Please see each winery’s website for more information about individual tasting fees.