Sometimes it is hard to decide how to spend your summer getaway time; there are so many choices! The Bloomsburg PA area doesn’t make it easy, but let us at the Inn at Turkey Hill help you! Here is a quick and easy guide to fun things to do in Bloomsburg PA this summer!
Fairs and Festivals
Although some of our local festivals have been cancelled in 2021, there are still some of our favorites that will be happening:
- Montour Delong Community Fair – August 9 -14. This is an old-fashioned agriculture fair, with local food, arts, entertainment and fireworks.
- The Bloomsburg Fair – September 24 – Oct 2. This is the big one in our area with Derbies, an Antique Tractor Parade, horse pulling and live entertainment.
Nothing says summer like fresh produce–straight from the farm! As you drive around the area, you cannot help but notice all of the rolling fields and farms. Sometimes it is fun to just stop at a roadside stand that you see as you are doing other things.
Some places will let you pick your own blueberries, apples or peaches in season. Here is a link to a guide that will not only tell you what items are available by month, but also has a listing of local farms with produce and baked goods.
Several that we recommend are:
- Rohrbach’s Family Farm – Not only is this a local farm, but there are classes (like soap-making) as well as cow-encounter hayrides (get up close and personal with a cow)
- Fork’s Farm – They have cheeses and meats, as well as Farm Tours and other events
Be A Kid Again Day Trips
With or without kids, here are several places to go and be like a kid:
- Knoebels Amusement Park – It has all the rides that you went on as a kid, and more! A ferris wheel, water ride, haunted coal train, antique cars, and, for the not faint of heart and strong of stomach, the Impulse. This ride has four upside down twists and a 90 degree free fall. Need we say more?
- Pioneer Coal Mine Tunnel – You can either take a scenic train ride on an old fashioned steam locomotive, or tour an actual coal mine tunnel in an open mine car. With an average temperature of 52 degrees, a great idea for a hot summer day.
Play Like a Grown Up
Sunny warm days are perfect to spend outside! Let us help you plan the perfect day:
- Kayaking – Bring your own or rent a kayak (or canoe) for a trip down the Susquehanna. If you don’t feel comfortable going on your own, go with a guide or on a tour.
- Biking – Take a bike ride, short or long. There are many trails to choose from, easy and flat or hilly mountain biking.
- Hiking – Go see a waterfall, or several of them! We can direct you to the perfect trail for you level of expertise. Our area is known for being one of the most scenic in Pennsylvania.